The radiation oncology workforce and infrastructure are appropriate to meet current and future cancer incidence.
A prospectively planned and nationally coordinated radiation oncology service across Australia, which includes the following:
- Cancer incidence is the basis for planning;
- Workforce and infrastructure are planned together in a coordinated way;
- Workforce training is aligned with service demand projections and supported appropriately;
- A National Cancer Action Plan which includes radiation oncology is adopted;
- Jurisdictional radiation oncology action plans are developed, maintained and integrated with the National Cancer Action Plan;
- Closer consultative collaboration between governments, policy-makers, service providers, patients and the professions to ensure most effective use of resources;
- Innovative models of quality service provision are developed to improve efficiencies.